Friday, April 5, 2013

A day to remember





I'm well on my way to planning THE ultimate day in New York in celebration of my 30th birthday.

It starts with breakfast at Pastis. Booked.

Then I think we'll head to SoHo for a spot of shopping and some NY 'downtime' browsing the streets.

We'll have lunch at Dean & DeLuca (Mum appreciates my obsession with the place after growing up with Felicity) and then I'll spoil myself with a Kate Spade bag that I've wanted for years.

The afternoon could do with a little more activity (suggestions, people?). . . but not too much because then we're booked in to Balthazar for dinner. I am SO excited. Bless Mum, she stayed up late last night to ring internationally and book us in - they only open reservations 30 days before each date so we had to watch our calendars carefully.

It's going to be a day to remember, that's for sure!

Any other suggestions to help ring in this milestone? Perhaps somewhere for a nightcap after dinner? Or pre-dinner drink even?




5 comments:

Chimmy said...

Perfect town to ring in your milestone birthday!

Here are some fabulous suggestions:

Death & Company for Cocktails.... they sound deadly, but they're divine!
433 E. 6th St., nr. Ave. A (East Village);212-388-0882 | www.deathandcompany.com

Enjoy the hopefully fantastic Spring weather with a walk at High Line Park
Gansevoort St. to 34th St., Washington Ave. to Eleventh Ave. (Meatpacking District/Chelsea)
www.thehighline.org

If you love WINE... and I've been following your blog long enough to know that you do, try this wine bar: the room
144 Sullivan St., nr. W. Houston St. (SoHo)
theroomsbeerandwine.com

You can do more research on planning your trip here: http://www.thepurplepassport.com/

Cheers!

Squeak & Squirrel said...

Kate!! How good was Felicity. I have the soundtrack on CD... A little memoir of moving into my first little place. Scott Speedman remains one of my most favourite gentlemen.Those eyes... xoxoxo

Kate said...

Chimmy! Thanks for the hot tips! Sounds like you know your stuff. I love the look of the room. Will have to add that to my itinerary. And I'm glad you've mentioned the High Line - I've read a bit about it but wasn't sure it was worth the effort. Will squeeze it in!

And the purple passport - what a discovery! It's brilliant.

Thanks so much Chimmy xxx

Kate said...

Elizabeth - Felicity was THE best. I too was a Ben over Noel fan. We had drinking game with the girls one night at Victor when you had to have a drink every time Felicity said 'hey'. Needless to say, we got very giggly. I didn't realise there was a soundtrack, must check it out.

And remember Javier? Probably the reason for my dean & deluca obsession!

xx

Gild and Grace said...

Went to all of these on my 30th trip to NYC Kate and you'll love them! Felt like Carrie Bradshaw in Pastis :)

Abbey x