Do there ever seem to be enough hours in the day? I am going through the motions at 110% at the moment, completely out of routine and lacking all sorts of enthusiasm and motivation . . . and I'm ready to burst!
My habits in the kitchen say a lot about the moods I'm in. Some days I'll leave the dishes for weeks, others I'll have everything cleaned up before I've even sat down to eat. When things are going well I'll be trying new recipes, entertaining friends and drinking at the stove, but when my mood turns dark, it's grilled cheese on toast, tuna mornay and nutella straight from the jar!
So, I hate to admit - but it's been a lot of slap dash, uninspired eating lately. Time for a change! Last night, I planned ahead and cooked a delicious chilli chicken salad for me and my housemate. So simple, so easy and so good for you! Tick, tick, tick! Even better when there are leftovers the next day . . . I almost skipped to work this morning!
This one's from the 21 day wonder diet from Women's Weekly. I love it!
1 chicken breast
1 packet bean sprouts (or really big handful)
ginger (grated, I use it from the jar)
sweet chilli sauce
- Put the chicken breast in a saucepan and cover with two cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Leave the chicken to cool in its own liquid, then when cool, take out and shred with a fork.
- In the meantime, thinly thinly cut up the capsicum and carrots in to long strips. Put in a salad bowl with the beansprouts and shredded chicken, once cool.
- Combine a teaspoon of ginger, tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce, about 2 teaspoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of fish sauce and pour over the salad (I can't find the recipe book for exact measurements, so go with your gut feeling!)
- Ensure the dressing is well distributed, then serve salad in to two serving bowls.
- Top with coriander and enjoy!