Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wedding fever replaces possible swine flu fever

Other than 'Would you like a glass of Veuve, my dear', one question that really gets the blood racing, the cheeks sore from smiling and the eyes twinkling is 'Will you be my bridesmaid?'


Me (yes, still in cheeks sore from smiling stage) with the beautiful Emelia getting ready for Bree's stunning wedding last year.
Yes, they're real Chanel earrings.
Ah-mazing.

I am absolutely over the moon to have been asked to be a bridesmaid for one of my besties last Thursday and am still delirious from the high (and the bubbles we popped to celebrate!). I am SO excited and can't wait for the festivities to begin.

I've got no complaints . . .

I was in my dear friend Bree's wedding last year and loved every second - my friends have started calling me the girl from 27 Dresses. Should I be concerned? She ends up with the guy, doesn't she . . . and a HOT one at that!


Inspiration board from A Summer Picnic Wedding

The invites are out for the engagement party (think autumnal leaves, polka dots, orange and stripes - stunning) and we're currently talking wedding reception venues at the moment. Thank goodness for blog heroes like Gabrielle over at A Summer Picnic Wedding and Jen at Green Wedding Shoes.

Bree's kitchen tea - very Ritz of us!

So it's got me thinking about the events leading up to the big day. I'm all for the traditional kitchen tea, hens night etc and thought I'd give you a little peek into the kitchen tea to end all kitchen teas that we threw for Bree last year. Think chicken and pistacchio finger sandwiches, vintage cups and saucers, Cath Kidston napkins, artisan teas, poolside setting. I'm going to have to pull something spectacular out of the bag to top it for Michelle!

The fabulous Amy Atlas

But it's all good - dear old Kim from Brown Button introduced me to the wonderful world of Amy Atlas. What a visionary (am I gushing too much? Are you scared yet?). Check out some of her pics below. Now THIS is what I call a beautiful kitchen tea spread!

Pics from amyatlas.com

PS. I don't have swine flu - I'm just being dramatic. But I have been sick for the past two weeks with a bloomin cold, and yes, there was a fever involved. But I'm out of the woods and will try and find the inspiration to blog again. I fear I blew all the creativity and motivation out my nose!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.What a GREAT engagement party. Thanks so much for sharing. God bless you....