Sunday, November 21, 2010

Marvellous Melbourne

Top on my list of 'must-dos' when I visit Melbourne is a coffee and cake at Laurent in the city.
Sublime. Doesn't it just look like a Paris sidewalk above?

I have my mother to blame for this obsession which sees me indulging in a tarte au citron and cappuccino every time. So much for bootcamp this week!


There's something very special about taking time out in the middle of the hustle and bustle of city life and stealing a half hour or so at a table for one with a good magazine or book.

Just call me Carrie Bradshaw!


And I love the fact this cafe features in the 'Lose yourself in Victoria' tv ad. Gorge!





Another 'must-do' in Melbourne in catching up with Lill, my oldest friend in the world.

She was attempting her first ever triathlon on the weekend but still took time out to catch up with me at the cutest little bar/coffee shop at the bottom of the GPO.

Federal Coffee Place. It's fab.



I just love how they make the most of the most obscure of places in Melbourne, nothing goes to waste. Here in the Rad, we lack that 'outside the square' thinking.

Just love the cloisters setting here, very European.


Oh, and the chorizo and fior di latte pizza and cider were good too!
(Not to mention the shopping!)

1 comment:

Kelly Green said...

Love this Laurent too! my jeweller is above this shop so i try to stop by whenever i can!! he he.....KG