Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ladies who lunch . . .

There's no better excuse to get the girls together than a long lunch in the sun.
The darling Es orchestrated the most fabulous celebration for the sake of a celebration last week, with seven of us girls getting together for copious amounts of bubbles and belly aching laughs.

Es and her hubby to be Ross have created a stunning home just perfect for entertaining with a kick-arse kitchen and gorgeous deck. It was such a pleasure to help out in the kitchen!
Each guest was assigned a course and I chose sides - I've stumbled across some brilliant salads lately and wanted a group of guinea pigs to test them on. I settled on quinoa with lemon, mint, fetta and peas; roasted veggies with hommous; and spinach, avocado, macadamia and lime salad. Top that off with caramelised onion sourdough and we're on to a winner!

Nibbles were by Brooke who whet our appetites with delicious dips and pita - and oh so tender marinated octopus. Lipsmackingly good with sparkling pinot noir!

Es - the hostess with the mostest - followed up with a Donna Hay salad that rocked my world - asparagus, fried haloumi, roast capsicum salad with caper and balsamic dressing. Wow.


Then Caz and Kristy joined forces with main course - the most divine lamb rack EVER. Complete with smashed roast potatoes. YES!


Yep, awesome salads if I do say so myself!

Lemon and dill atlantic salmon for Marissa.


Wow, it looks like Christmas!


To my dismay, I had to leave early and missed Ruthie's berry creme anglaise tart. She even made her own pastry (love your work!). But it looked so pretty and I managed to squeeze in a pic on my way out the door. Spring on a plate!


Lots of fun was had and I can't wait til next year's instalment. Thanks Es!

xoxo

No comments: