Kicked off my week with a delicious dinner on the couch after Zumba last night.
Dad would be so disappointed in the lack of meat on this plate, but it was really good (even if a slice of bacon would've really topped it off!)
Posted it on instagram and had a request for the recipe, so here it is Miss Gemma:
2 medium zucchini (240g), grated coarsely
1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
1 Tbspn finely grated parmesan cheese
1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 Tbspn finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
cooking oil spray
1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinkly
4 green oak leaf lettuce laves
1 small fresh beetroot, peeled, grated coaresly (I sliced some tinned baby beets)
2 Tbspn tomato relish
2 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Place zucchini in strainer; squeeze excess water from zucchini.
- Combine zucchini, breadcrumbs, cheese, onion, egg white and parsley in medium bowl; season.
- Shape mixture into two patties
- Spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook onion, stirring, about 10 minutes or unitl b rowned lightly. Remove from pan.
- Cook patties in same pan until browned both sides and heated through.
- Sandwich lettuce, patties, onion, beetroot and relish between bun halves
Tip: I think I'd try some minted yoghurt or something with it next time. And I'm sure you could use jar caramelised onions if you can't be bother frying up your own!