Friday, May 11, 2012

Hola senorita!


I've had lots of requests for this dip recipe after we inhaled it at Kim's birthday and I've been slack with posting it. Whoops.

It's just so simple and SO tasty, it's not even funny.

Great with a big bag of tortilla chips and a few beers (or bubbles!)

What makes the pic above even more special is that BLING! Check out Sal's TDF engagement ring.


Mexican dip
1 tub/block light cream cheese
1 small carton light sour cream
1/2 - 1 packet taco seasoning
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 - 1 red onion, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
handful grated cheese
1/2 bunch coriander, torn
drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)

  1. Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in the taco seasoning to taste. If you want a firm base, use more cream cheese, if you want a runnier consistency, use more sour cream
  2. Pour the creamy mixture into base of bowl/platter and drizzle a little sweet chilli sauce over the top (only about 1-2 tspns)
  3. Cover with a layer of tomatoes, avocado and red onion and sprinkle with grated cheese
  4. Scatter torn coriander leaves over the entire arrangement and then squeeze the lime juice over the top.
  5. Dig in with big round tortilla or corn chips and enjoy!

You can play around with the ingredients however you like - maybe use spring onion instead of red onion? Or throw a layer of black beans in there for good measure. A layer of mashed avocado instead of chopped could also work, plus a layer of salsa or some chillies?

Enjoy x

6 comments:

Two Spoons said...

Bah! The bling makes yet another sneaky apperance on the blog, hilarious! This dip is sooooo delicious xxx

Anonymous said...

The best dip in the universe!!! If only I could get my hands on the ingredients I'd be eating it non stop... xx

Kate said...

I'll miss that bling popping up in my shots! Hope the GC appreciates the rock the same way I do xx

Brooke said...

I have a similar recipe - it's a huge hit over Summer. Looking forward to trying this version too!

Kate said...

Ooh oh oh! What's your variation Brooke? I'm also hooked on my black bean and feta dip (borrowed it from Lindsey at All Things Bright & Beautiful). They totally beat shop bought varieties x

Shermika said...

I love a good dip recipe. I'm a fan of Mexican food, so I am going to save this recipe for keeping.