I've had lots of requests for this dip recipe after we inhaled it at Kim's birthday and I've been slack with posting it. Whoops.
It's just so simple and SO tasty, it's not even funny.
Great with a big bag of tortilla chips and a few beers (or bubbles!)
What makes the pic above even more special is that BLING! Check out Sal's TDF engagement ring.
1 tub/block light cream cheese
1 small carton light sour cream
1/2 - 1 packet taco seasoning
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 - 1 red onion, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
handful grated cheese
1/2 bunch coriander, torn
drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in the taco seasoning to taste. If you want a firm base, use more cream cheese, if you want a runnier consistency, use more sour cream
- Pour the creamy mixture into base of bowl/platter and drizzle a little sweet chilli sauce over the top (only about 1-2 tspns)
- Cover with a layer of tomatoes, avocado and red onion and sprinkle with grated cheese
- Scatter torn coriander leaves over the entire arrangement and then squeeze the lime juice over the top.
- Dig in with big round tortilla or corn chips and enjoy!
You can play around with the ingredients however you like - maybe use spring onion instead of red onion? Or throw a layer of black beans in there for good measure. A layer of mashed avocado instead of chopped could also work, plus a layer of salsa or some chillies?