Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Off the shelf


One of the best bits about a holiday is choosing a book to get lost in.

I picked this one up because a) I liked the cover (shallow of me, I know) and b) I trusted the testimonials on the front and back (good use of the word 'feisty', Mia)

I'm LOVING it. I'm about halfway and have had really strong reactions to the choices of the main characters. It's really real and raw and I love the London element. 

Unfinished love is an interesting topic and I find myself getting really angry with the main characters.

The grass isn't always greener.

I love a book that can evoke so many strong emotions in a reader. Having said that, I'm nervous to find out what happens in the end.

I don't want it to finish! Oh well, there's always the excitement of discovering another great read.

Any suggestions?

*** Stop the press! I scheduled this post last week when I was about half way through the book. I've since finished it and am so disappointed, so angry about the ending. It was devastating, I feel so betrayed and let down! I feel so disillusioned, like all hope for happy endings has gone. A dear friend and I were talking about this the other night - are our expectations too high? Is the real world not all it's cracked up to be? Please don't let it be true! And don't read this book if you prefer to look at the world through rose coloured glasses - like me!

1 comment:

Brown Button Trading said...

fear not - i'm getting my maggie alderson collection together for you - yay for happy endings x