Monday, January 31, 2011

Dinner in a dash






I love the cricket.
I look forward to it so much every year - and with the introduction of Twenty20 to our great game, I'm even enjoying State level cricket!
Pete, Michelle and I packed a picnic dinner and headed to Adelaide Oval last week for a gorgeous Summer night on the sidelines.
I made marinaded chicken lovely legs and repeated the yummy salads I did last year, topped off with picnic rolls. Michelle finished us off with brown sugar yoghurt cream with raspberries and strawberries. Yum.

Nights like these help you forget you're back at work and the holidays are over. I love Summer!
PS. Don't you love Pete's expression? Mere mention of the word 'blog' has him recoiling in fear!
Sticky Sesame Chicken Drumsticks

Preparation Time
5 minutes

Cooking Time
55 minutes

Ingredients (serves 6)
80ml (1/3 cup) tomato sauce
60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
60ml (1/4 cup) honey
12 (about 1.8kg) chicken drumsticks (I used lovely legs - they're just a bit more elegant!)
1 tbs sesame seeds
Sweet chilli sauce, to serve

Method
Combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce and honey in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.

Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the chicken on the tray and bake in oven, turning once, for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Place on a serving platter and serve with sweet chilli sauce.

Just as good served cold.

1 comment:

Manu Feidel said...

Kate

This is a great site. I read it when I can. I am so glad that you have noticed how much better lovely legs are.

MF