Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My new best friend


"Hi, I’m Andie Mitchell. I am a 26-year-old passionate cook, baker, and friend to chocolate. Cooking and baking have always held a special place in my life- from the creation to the consumption. I am home in my kitchen. My heart, my history…they belong to that space between the stove and the sink. On any given day, I’m dreaming up a new recipe, eating a peanut butter and fluff sandwich, and/or embarrassing myself publicly."



So this is Andie, another foodie enthusiast and fellow blogger. My dear friend Adelaide introduced her story to me this weekend but I feel like I've known her forever.

Andie's story is fabulous. So inspiring, raw and authentic.

When Ad sent me the link to her blog, I was interested - love a new foodie find. But I did not expect to discover a tale of survival, courage and brutal honesty.

You see, five years ago, Andie lost 135lbs (that's 60kgs in our terms).

And she's kept it off.

As a yo-yo dieter myself, her story struck a chord with me. She doesn't preach two hours in the gym every day, she hasn't cut out desserts and beer and she still eats chocolate.

I like the sound of that!

So I'm taking a leaf out of her book and am following her advice. I promise to walk. Whenever I can. Walk to the shops, for morning coffee. Walk to work even (hmm, don't hold me to that one!).

Ad has promised to join me when she moves home (the countdown is ON!) and I might even learn how to use the ipod my brother gave me a couple of years ago. A Rocky soundtrack could be motivating! Or we might just start with Sia. . .

Find out more about Andie through her gorgeous blog 'Can You Stay For Dinner?'

No comments: