I've long been a fan of trifle, but so many of my friends cringe when I own up to this penchant.
They tell me it's so old school, stodgy and blah.
So thrilled to see that Mrs Lilien is putting the sexy back into trifle this Summer!
And a rhyming trifle with GLITTER? Well, now that's something special!
Desperate for a dazzlingly decadent dessert revival? Look no further than my sumptuous raspberry-glam trifle! Nothing screams nostalgic quite like this delicious showstopper; the ultimate grand finale after dinner chart topper! This trifle is a great alternative to something predictable and chocolaty; that, and the presentation is rather resplendent when executed properly. At your next formal dinner gathering you ought to place my trifle on the table, then proceed to watch your guests lick their glittering plates all gluttonously and grateful!
Mrs. Lilien's Raspberry-Glam Trifle
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
4 cups raspberries
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup mascarpone
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds pound cake
1/4 cup gold edible glitter
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2-cup sugar, 1/4-cup water, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.
- 2.In a small bowl, combine jam with 3 cups raspberries, mashing slightly. In a large bowl, whip cream, mascarpone, vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks.
- Slice pound cake 3/4 inch thick; brush both sides of slices with lemon syrup.
- Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Gently spread top of layer with 1/3 of raspberry mixture, and then 1/3 of whipped cream.
- Repeat to make two more layers; garnish with remaining cup raspberries and sprinkle with gold edible glitter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.