Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walk this way



Started off the working year in a good way this morning with a 6.15am walk around the 'burbs.

Felt great afterwards, nice to beat the heat so early in the morning. The days have been scorching in the Rads (Adelaide) lately!

Had a bit of a giggle thinking about walking etiquette during my 'me time'. It's funny those who try to avoid eye contact, cross the road when you're approaching head on or appear so engrossed in their ipods. Then there's the folk who yell across the front yard as they're watering the lawn 'good morning!' or the ones who stop and let you pat their puppy and make small talk.

What type of walker are you?

I smile and say hello to everyone who makes eye contact. It's mostly women I bump into at that hour - nice motherly types. The blokes are the ones letting the team down - especially the runners, even the fat, amateur types. Maybe they're just out of breath.

Anyway, I'll be up and at 'em again tomorrow and will be sure to go out of my way to say hi to one and all - it's a lovely way to start the day!

How are your new year's resolutions going?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Good for you Kate! I've let myself avoid exercise this week due to the extreme heat. Now you've made me feel like a slacker...

Kate said...

Does it help to hear I had a chocolate bar when I hot home?!