Saturday, March 3, 2012

Every last drop

Kristie, Andy and I had a fabulous night at the Cellar Door Wine Festival last weekend and we certainly got off to a good start with a last minute seat in the Barossa Masterclass with Mark McNamara (Executive Chef Appellation) and Paul Henry (Found and Strategy Director at winehero ltd) 


The wines - they were a plenty with seven different tastings tempting us as soon as we sat down. 

My mother's always told me to finish everything on my plate . . . and I applied that to 'in my glass' in this case. Thanks Mum.

Back to the food and Mark's ah-mazing menu - matched to delicious Barossa wines of course.

We started with pig's head terrine with parsley salad and mustard dressing.
Seppeltsfield 2011 Eden Valley Riesling
Pewsey Vale 2006 The Contours Riesling


Then moved on to breast of roasted Waechter's pigeon with beetroot and semolina gnocchi.
Spinifex 2010 Papillon
Charles Melton 2009 Nine Popes


Followed by little pie of braised Hutton Vale lamb with white bean puree.
Gatt 2009 Eden Valley Shiraz
John Duval Wines 2009 Entity Shiraz
Peter Lehmann 2007 Stonewell Shiraz


It was so good. Must get myself to The Louise for an indulgent weekend . . . one day.

I cleaned up all three plates and managed to roll myself off the chair to finish my night's tastings in the other 'regions' at the Festival - Kangaroo Island, Coonawarra, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills, Clare Valley, Eden Valley, Langhorne Creek, Padthaway, Riverland, Limestone Coast, Southern Fleurieu.

And did I mention there was also beer and cider tasting!?

Welcome to Mad March, friends!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

God bless Mad March. So much to do, so little time...