Monday, October 15, 2012

Alter-ego alert



I had a friend's 30th birthday party on the weekend and it was an alter-ego dress up theme.

It was a no brainer for me - I went as Kate Middleton. One of the ladies at work even calls me the Duchess.

I went for a simple, low key look that I remembered from the Olympics hype. 

Coral red jeans, blazer, white tee and silk scarf. Oh, and cut out mask.

I had to call into Granny's to pick up the scarf and it's gorge, we found it buried deep in one of her drawers and she's let me keep it. Bless.

Someone else turned up in the exact same outfit. Bugger. Of all the Duchess outfits to choose from! It was very funny, great to see someone else with good taste, ha!

The guest of honour dressed up as Beyonce and her husband played along as Jay-Z. It was gold. I hate to think how many bottles of fake tan they went through!

There was also a pair of nuns, a devil, Madonna, Scooby Doo, a few catwomen and my favourite . . . Sharon Strzelecki complete with neck brace.

Who is your alter-ego?



2 comments:

Kate said...

Sharon from Kath and Kim is a great idea! Not sure who my alter ego is ... Will have a think about it and get back to you. Maybe Nigella? Hmmm... Anyway hope you are well x

Kate said...

Nigella is a great one, Kate! I, like her, binge from the fridge late at night. In fact, I just had a sugar craving so bad that I raided the pantry and settled on cooking chocolate. How tragic!