Monday, October 8, 2012

Mad hatters


The countdown is on.

Less than three weeks until Nicole and I hit up Melbourne for the Cox Plate.

We're making a real girls' long weekend of it with dinner at Movida and drinks at Trunk amongst the fun and frivolity. There's also shopping expeditions to Chadstone and indulgent breakfasts at St Ali.

We're like the country cousins coming to visit the big smoke!

I have a milliner working on my hat as we speak (I feel so posh saying that!). I've used the black and white polkadot hat above for inspiration - isn't it divine?

I figure I'd invest in the hat this year rather than the dress - I have so many dresses to choose from as a result of my many bridesmaid duties over the years and classic black and white should go with lots of different outfits.

I haven't ruled out a last minute purchase in Melbourne before the big day though . . .

I hope the hat's ready soon as I have a friend's 30th at the races on Caulfield Cup Day in Adelaide, I want to get as many runs as I can out of it. We all know the 'cost per wear' justification we go through in our head when forking out for an expensive piece!

Melbourne, here we come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your collecton is amazing.i like your blog.thanx for sharing us.

Baby girls dresses

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Adelaide hatters? I am gearing up for Derby. Cant wait! Love your inspiration Kate it will look brilliant. xx

Kate said...

Nope, not Adelaide Hatters Teesh. It's Heather Clark of Studio Hats at the Metro.

I'm a bit nervous, she said "it's out there, you'll definitely be noticed!" Apparently "it's an engineering feat!" Eek!

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Oh it does sound great though! Might as well make a statement. x