Friday, June 10, 2011

Alice's Bucket List


Have you heard about Alice Pyne?

She's a 15 year old from Ulverston, Cumbria, UK and she's fighting for her life.

Dear Alice has just found out her Hodgkin's lymphoma has worsened so she's set up a bucket list to share with her friends. Little did she know she'd become an overnight sensation thanks to ye olde social networking!

Her first post generated 1805 comments - I'm lucky to get one per week!

The one from her Mum got me all teary . . .

Alice, I couldn't have wished for a more amazing daughter. I admire your strong morals and your ability to rise above those less worthy. You're a truly wonderful person, inside and out and you make me smile every day. I love you sweetheart x

What a very special girl she must be.

Some of the inclusions on her bucket list are so cute and things we'd take for granted (staying in a caravan, having our hair done etc) but it's refreshing to look through the eyes of a 15 year old and see what makes them happy.

No comments: