Friday, July 27, 2012

The final countdown

I love all the hype that surrounds the Olympics - especially the way the community can get involved in the torch relay.

I remember back in 2000, I'd just got back from my Year 12 Ski Trip and no sooner was I off the bus than Mum and Dad bundled me up to see the torch pass near my house on Unley Road.

It was so exciting, a real sense of history and patriotism.

But for a dose of fun and colour, I like this take on the Olympic Torch Relay.

Check out Sant and Abel's Olympic Countdown . . .


One week to go and the Olympic torch has abseiled into London. We're keeping track of its whereabouts in the countdown to the opening ceremony.


Day 7: Hackney, London, E8 1AE
Big Red Sleep Shorts
Torchbearer: Andrew Hayes




Day 6: The London Eye, Minster Court, SE1 7JB
Ben Braddock PJ Pants
Torchbearer: Chris Pratt 


Day 5: Centre Court, Wimbledon, SW19 5AE
Mr Muster & Mini Muster Sleep Shorts
Torchbearers: Charles Chirnside & Sam Chirnside


Day 4: Walpole Park, Ealing, W5 5EQ
The Green Fairies PJ Pants
Torchbearers: Annie Hammer and Sooze Smart 


Day 3: Middlesex University, London, NW4 4BT
Bakso Man PJ Pants
Torchbearer: Chris Terry / Rupert Grint


Day 2: 10 Downing Street, London SW1A 2AA
Piccadilly Polka & The Navy Jets PJ Pants
Torchbearers: Ceci Bennett & Tom Jeffries


Day 1: Opening Ceremony - Lighting of the cauldron
Ben Braddock PJ Pants
Torchbearer: Wippa 


And enjoy the hoopla of the Opening Ceremony tomorrow!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Best torch relay ever,and the running attire is perfection.
Pop over and visit soon,I'm having a giveaway for Ausssie bloggers..xx

TINA KENT said...

Too funny! I love marketing w a sense of humor! So ru going to tell us how good the beef was!!? LovT

Kate said...

The beef was ah-mazing, T! Love me a Chinese banquet with all the trimmings x

Two Spoons said...

I purchased a pair of the long PJ bottoms over the weekend from Sant & Abel, am hoping they are in my letterbox when I arrive home tonight, gorgeous! xx