Holidays are made for cooking. Well, in my books they are.
We took the opportunity to have a pizza night on KI - I even carried my trusty pizza maker over on the ferry with me in hand luggage!
Two toppings on offer - Turkish lamb and haloumi, and Tandoori chicken.
Tandoori chicken pizza
Pizza base (either make your own like we did or use a prepared base - good recipe here)
Big handful sliced mushrooms
1 chicken breast, sliced
thinly sliced red onion
- Marinate the chicken pieces in about half a jar of tandoori paste and then add a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt and mix. Leave to rest, covered, in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Spread the pizza base with about 2 Tbspn tomato passata and a slug of olive oil
- Sprinkle the mushrooms over the base and then top with red onion
- Evenly distribute the marinated chicken over the other toppings.
- Cook in a pizza oven or normal oven until chicken cooked and base crunchy
- Top with coriander and rocket leaves
- Serve with mango chutney and extra yoghurt