I'm not a fan of Winter weather, but I do LOVE Winter food!
I had some gorgeous friends over for dinner the other night and after a woolly and wild day of weather, I felt like something comforting and warm.
This normally means something stodgy and terribly bad for the waistline, but I found a super dooper easy apple and pear pie recipe that I will be repeating over and over again this season.
Apple and pear pies
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and thinly slice 1 medium apple and 1 small pear.
- Combine fruit with 1 Tbspn lemon juice, 2 Tbspns finely chopped dried figs, 1 Tbspn caster sugar and 1/2 tspn ground cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Divide fruit mixture between two shallow 1 cup (250mL) ovenproof dishes (ramekins work well), cover with foil.
- Bake about 10 mins or until fruit starts to soften.
- Remove foil; top each dish with a scrunched sheet of filo pastry. Spray pastry with cooking oil; bake about 30 mins or until browned lightly.
- Dust each with 1 tspn sifted icing sugar; serve each pie with 1 heaped Tbspn low-fat ice cream
Recipe from The Australian Women's Weekly 'the 21-day diet planner'