Monday, February 6, 2012

Chinese New Year









There's nothing better than getting a big group of friends together and celebrating with great food and wine.

I organised another 'blind friendship date' last week in honour of Chinese New Year. A 'blind friendship date' refers to a night out with a random bunch of friends who don't know anyone else at the table except for me (self-indulgent a bit, no!?)

As my single friends drop like flies and those who are hitched start popping out the bubs, I find myself having to create new social opportunities and break into new friendship groups . . . or buy a cat (and I hate cats)

We went to T Chow in the Adelaide Central Markets to indulge my love of pomp and ceremony and authentic flavours and dug into their special CNY menu.

It was delish! And the Rockford Alicante Bouchet wasn't too bad either. Yum!

The drumming wasn't everyone's cup of tea but the fortune cookies that I'd left as a party favour at each place setting went down a treat. (Thanks for the inspiration, Billy Law of MasterChef Magazine!)

Keeping with the international celebrations this year, I think my next event might have to be Greek Easter! Who's in!?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Love it Kate! Who says we can't all enjoy special days from other cultures!

Brown Button Trading said...

I had a ball - thanks again Kate. I'm in for the Greek easter too!!! Love your work as always xx

Gild and Grace said...

Good on you Kate! I love your spirit and sounds like a lot of fun :) Have a great week!

Abbey x