Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Movie set magic

I love movies and since moving into a place of my own, I've taken a new interest in looking beyond the actors to discover a very important player in the cast and crew.

The movie set is my new favourite star.

I saw 'The Change Up' the other night and found myself googling 'the change up movie set' after a wee while (once I'd composed myself after the first scene - hilarious potty humour!).

Jason Bateman's house was GORGEOUS and I found a great blog post by Cote de Texas in which the Texan author painstakingly broke down each scene to highlight the design wins of this movie set.

Below are a few of my faves . . .


Love the sea grass mat in the entrance foyer, and the single chair in the corner of the room.

You can't really see it in this pic, but that table in the left hand bottom corner is a gorgeous focal point as you walk in the front door and serves to separate the kitchen from the family room - love how it's open plan yet still distinct in its purpose.


The bathroom is breathtakingly big. And I love the bath in the bay-like window. Wooden floors too, gorgeous.


Beautiful chairs in the dining room. And as I get older, I'm starting to pine for a china cabinet.

Great serving platters too - love that someone would go to this much effort for a simple weeknight family dinner.


Love love love the yellow striped couch. And I'll say it again - I love a house that looks lived in.


That huge kitchen bench - awesome! And love the breakfast nook under the window.


And the star of the show - the bedroom. This is actually what had me googling the movie at first - I was desperate for that bed linen. It is GORGEOUS!

It's from John Robshaw Textiles and boy, was he flavour of the month after this movie was released! Not sure if you can still get it, but JRT featured heavily in a number of scenes.

For a wonderful description of each and every room in the house, visit Cote de Texas because her analysis is a lovely read.

A la mode's post is also great so check that out too.


2 comments:

Gild and Grace said...

I love a good movie set too Kate. My faves are pretty much anything directed by nancy meyers. I've seen the change up too and the house was indeed very glam :)

Abbey x

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the challenges.
It was really informative. Your website is extremely
helpful. Many thanks for sharing!

Feel free to visit my web page - Outdoor christmas Decorations