Pomegranate chicken with couscous
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted (1 tspn ground from the jar)
1 tsp sweet paprika (I only had smoked in the pantry)
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup chopped coriander
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (about 1 large ripe pomegranate)
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 chicken marylands
Seeds of one pomegranate
Lemon wedges and couscous to serve
- Combine garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes and herbs in a food processor and process until smooth. Add lemon and pomegranate juice, olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste, and process until smooth.
(For this step, I just put all the herbs, spices, garlic, oil, juice etc in a jug and blitzed with the bamix. Worked a treat!)
- Pour marinade over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
(I only had half an hour but longer would probably be better - fine on a tight deadline though if you're out of time)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Roast chicken, skin side down, covered, for 30 minutes then turn chicken and roast uncovered for a further 20 minutes or until cooked.
(I just used a roasting pan and wrapped it up in alfoil)
- Rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and couscous