Friday, November 25, 2011

An occasion

It's Adelaide's turn to shine at Paspaley Polo in the City this weekend. I'm heading along with some workmates and have been following the trends across the country as the roadshow travels from city to city.

The circus hit Sydney town last week and those locals sure know how to work it.







I don't think I could pull of any of these looks, but I'm pleased to see the effortlessly chic approach most have taken.

Dressing for the occasion is a real bug bare of mine - I can't stand it when people go OTT at a casual affair, or turn up in loafers when the event calls for cocktails and heels.

Kristie Clements of Vogue hit the nail on the head after her visit to the Polo just recently.


In the meantime, I still have nothing to wear!

Pics from Vogue 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Couldn't agree more on the importance of appropriate dress. (Why does every wedding feature some ridiculous cousin who arrives in jeans?). And brilliant link to the Vogue article!

Anonymous said...

Townsville has to be the worst city in Australia for underdressing! Something to do with living in the tropics I guess, but lots of people wear jeans to weddings, parties, even the theatre!